Last modified: October 20, 2022
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Most of the information we collect from you is in the context of receiving and responding to your inquiries (either through our Website or otherwise through a zendar.io email address), job applications, or in connection with providing you with employment. In particular, we collect personal information from the following sources:
- Directly From You: We collect information when you send an inquiry through the “Contact” page on our Website, subscribe for a newsletter, email us directly, submit a job application or resume, in the scope of your employment with the Company, or from your computer when you visit our Website.
- From Third Parties: We collect information from our service providers, such as recruiters, job listing platforms, or HR or payroll platforms.
- Combining Information: We may combine information received from third parties with information already stored.
- General identification information – We may process your name, contact information (including home address and phone number), citizenship, and country of residence, date of birth, gender, and languages spoken, when you provide such information to us either directly or indirectly through a third party on your behalf.
- Professional information – We may process information related to your profession including (without limitation) your job title, professional email address and phone number and your role/responsibility when you provide such information to us or apply for a job within the Company either directly or indirectly through a third party on your behalf.
- Information you choose to share with the Company – We may process personal information you choose to share with us, including (without limitation) information you share when you contact us for information about products or services, or inquire about job openings. This includes information provided at the time of requesting information from us, including name, email addresses, employment history, and any attachments.
- Information relating to sourcing and procurement – when you provide services or sell products to the Company or when the Company provides services or sells products to you, we may process information necessary for the provision of the services or the selling of the products including (without limitation) your contact details and financial details.
- IP Address - We may process your IP address, which is necessarily sent from your device to our Website server each time you visit our Website.
- Visitor information – We may process your name, contact details, and car license plate when you visit our premises.
- Survey results – We may process your responses to questions in our customer surveys.
- Proof of identity – We may, in certain circumstances, ask for a copy of your identity card or other proof of your identity (e.g. driver’s license) when you send a data privacy request to us or visit our premises.
Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third-parties. We currently do not respond to DNT signals.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to inquire about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information, including your name, email address, and resume to inquire about or apply for a job, we will use that personal information to add you to the queue (either internally or through our third party recruitment service provider) of applicants.
- Contract management.
- Development and management of customer/business partner relationship.
- Research, development, improvement, and testing of Company products and services.
- To provide you with employment. See our Notice at Collection for Applicants and Employees (available under “Privacy Policies” on our Website) for more information on our collection practices for applicant and employee personal information.
- IT support.
- For security or safety purposes, for example, if you visit our premises.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, sale, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Information
Zendar treats your personal information with care and confidentiality. We only pass personal information to our affiliates and third parties to the extent described here and within the scope of the purpose limitation under data protection law.
We may disclose aggregated information about individuals, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To professional advisors who are under legal obligations to keep the personal information confidential.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any law, court order, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request (including, without limitation, to our lawyers and tax consultants).
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, our employees, or others.
- With your consent.
We do not sell and, in the past twelve (12) months, have not sold personal information.
- Data Security
Zendar has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate security level for the risk involved. The risk analysis takes into account the risk of infringing against the rights of individuals concerned, the costs for implementation, as well as the type, extent, context and purposes of the data processing.
These measures include:
- Access to the Company’s IT systems is monitored in order to detect and prevent misuse.
- Personal information is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
- The Company’s security measures are continuously tested, assessed, and reviewed to ensure ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of processing systems and services in connection with the processing, as well as the effectiveness of the technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of the processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through Communications. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or with respect to any Communications.
- How Long is Your Data Stored
Zendar will not retain your personal information for longer than is allowed under the applicable data protection laws and regulations or for longer than is justified for the purposes for which it was originally collected. Zendar will delete the personal information when we no longer need it for the purposes for which it was collected, unless Zendar is required by law to keep data for a certain period of time.
- International Data Transfers
Due to shared corporate IT systems, and because of the international nature of our business, personal information collected and processed by Zendar Inc. may be shared with, accessed by, and/or stored with Zendar Inc.’s subsidiary, Zendar GmbH and its service providers, and/or directly collected by Zendar GmbH, outside of the United States, including the EEA and UK (and, specifically, within the Germany). Conversely, personal information collected and processed by Zendar GmbH may be shared with, accessed by, and/or stored with Zendar Inc. and its subsidiaries and service providers, outside of the EEA and UK, including the United States of America (and, specifically, within the State of California).
If you wish to receive more information relating to the transfers of your personal information internationally and/or the safeguards that have been implemented, you can contact the Zendar Data Privacy Officer or [email protected].
- Your Privacy Rights
In the context of processing personal information of U.S. residents, certain states provide their residents with additional rights under consumer privacy laws if such laws are applicable to the data collector/processor. For example:
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether their personal information has been processed.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal information processing for targeted advertising and sales.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the data’s nature and processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
If you have questions about any of these rights with respect to Zendar’s data processing, please contact us as described in Section 10. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights.
- Children Under the Age of 16
This Website and any Communications are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or through the Communications. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Communications or otherwise provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected].
- Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which the Company collects and uses your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under applicable privacy law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
2560 Ninth St. Suite 216
Berkeley 94710, CA, USA